Saturday 27 February 2016

I Don’t Sense Any Competition – Kaakie

kaakie


Dancehall artiste, Kaakie, real name Grace Kaakie Awo Ocansey has indicated that she doesn’t feel under any pressure to prove anything or maintain her status as the dancehall queen.


In an interview with the Graphic Showbiz, Kaakie who is currently offering her national service at the VRA Akosombo Hospital as a registered general nurse, stated that though there are many new faces coming into the game, she is very confident in herself and believes she doesn’t have to do anything to prove herself.


Kaakie who came unto the scene some 6 years ago, changed the nature of the male dominated dancehall industry. She even beat Shatta Wale to the Best Dancehall/Reggae Song of the Year at the 2013 Ghana Music Awards.


However, Kaakie due to pressure from school, went AWOL. Her absence saw the emergence of other female dancehall acts like MzVee, AK Songstress among others.


Since her return, things have not been very smooth for the “Ronaldo” singer as her songs are no more making the kind of impact they used to leading many to opine that she needs to prove herself to maintain her status.


Kaakie who doesn’t see this as a problem, indicated that dancehall is pretty easy.


“DANCEHALL IS MY STYLE; IT’S EASY AND COOL FOR ME, I DON’T FEEL UNDER ANY PRESSURE OR COMPETITION. I DON’T NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO MAINTAIN MY FOLLOWERS BECAUSE I’M ALWAYS AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MYSELF, AND YET I HAVE ALL THESE FOLLOWERS.


I, ON MY PART, NATURALLY DO MY BEST IN EVERYTHING I DO OR I DON’T DO IT AT ALL. SO THOUGH THE GENRE IS EASY FOR ME, I GIVE IT MY BEST,” SHE SAID..


omgvoice.com




I Don’t Sense Any Competition – Kaakie

No comments:

Post a Comment